Athabasca University Course Registration
Visit Admissions for Universities in Canada for Details on Admission to all Canadian Universities
Once you are an Athabasca University student you can register for your courses online at any time.
Undergraduate courses start the first day of each month, but you must register and pay your fees by the 10th of the previous month to begin on the first. You can also choose to set a start date for a course up to 5 months in advance.
Next Deadline: Register by November 10th to start by December 1st
How to register for courses
You must register and pay by the 10th of the month to start your course on the 1st of the next month. You can also set a start date up to 5 months in advance. Your actual start date will depend on when your registration is received, so you’ll want to register early.
- Choose your courses.
- Log in to myAU. You will need your student ID number.
- If this is your first time logging into myAU, your password will be your birthday (YYYYMMDD).
- You will need to change your password and choose a security question after your first login.
- Click on “Register in a Course.”
- Confirm your address.
- Select your start term, subject and course(s).
- Pay your course fee(s) to complete the registration process. Athabasca University Tuition Fees
- You will receive an e-letter confirming your course registration within 2 weeks
After you register
You will receive an e-letter in myAU with your tutor or success centre information 1–2 weeks before your course starts. In most cases, you will also be able to access your courses from myAU before the official course start date.
You won’t be able to submit assignments or quizzes, post to the forums or contact your tutor until your course start date.