OUAC Ontario Law School Fees and Payment Procedure
See Ontario Universities' Application Centre OUAC Guelph for Details
All fees are non-refundable. Your application will not be forwarded to your university choice(s) until you submit full payment to the OUAC.
Partial payments will not be accepted. Fees for withdrawn university choices are not refunded.
OLSAS Application Service Fee: $200
University Fee: $90
For each university you select. OLSAS collects these fees and remits them to the universities to cover a portion of the costs associated with the admissions assessment.
For information about waiving a law school’s $90 fee, consult the individual law school’s section in the OLSAS online application or contact the school directly. Waivers must be approved prior to submitting the application.
Note: There are no supplemental fees for Ottawa’s French programs.
Transcript Requests: $12
View transcript fee exceptions.
OLSAS must receive payment by the following deadlines:
- November 8, 2016, for applications to first-year English programs
- February 8, 2017, for applications to first-year French programs
- May 8, 2017, for applications to upper-year programs.
Payment is part of the final “Submit” process. The OUAC accepts the following payment options:
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express). Prepaid credit cards and VISA debit cards are not accepted.
- Online banking through selected Canadian banks and credit unions only (this normally takes 2-5 business days). All payments must be made in Canadian funds.
- Western Union Business Solutions – GlobalPay for Students (bank-to-bank transfer for international payments only). You can pay the Canadian dollar fees in the currency of your choice.
Fraudulent use of credit cards or demanding/obtaining unauthorized application fee reimbursement is considered unethical.
OUAC Ontario Law School Tuition Fees Payment Procedure
Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express)
- Important: CVD is required. (What is a CVD?)
- The OUAC cannot process credit card payments over the telephone.
- Prepaid credit cards and VISA debit cards are not accepted.
- If your credit card is declined or invalid, your application will not be processed.
- When you click “Continue”, your credit card transaction will be directed to a secure third party for processing. When your credit card transaction is complete, you will be directed back to your application. A copy of your credit card transaction will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Mac users: Ensure that pop-ups are enabled on your computer or the secure third party transaction will time out and you will not be able to pay.
Online Banking (Canadian Banks and Credit Unions Only)
- Normally takes 2 to 5 business days.
- All payments must be made in Canadian funds.
- This is not a debit card transaction. Once you submit your application, you must proceed to your bank’s website to submit your payment. Contact your bank for further information.
- The OUAC will provide your bill payment account number after you submit your completed application. You need this number to pay for the application. If you have previously applied through the OUAC, update your bill payment account number to reflect the new number provided. The OUAC’s bill payment name is “Ontario Universities’ Application Centre” or an abbreviation of this name.
Western Union Business Solutions – GlobalPay for Students
(Bank-to-Bank Transfer for International Payments Only)
- This method allows you to pay Canadian dollar fees in the currency of your choice. It provides a simple and secure way of initiating a payment electronically.
- The OUAC will provide your bill payment account number when you submit your completed application.
Note: Due to international and domestic banking regulations, some currencies are unavailable. If your currency is unavailable, select an alternative currency (including US dollars) to ensure your application payment is processed.