Brock University Teacher Education Tuition Fees 2017 – 2018
Visit Admissions for Universities in Canada for Details on Admission to all Canadian Universities
Tuition fees are approved by the Brock University Board of Trustees, in accordance with the tuition policy set by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (formerly the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.) The fee information is provided for illustrative purposes for typical situations. The actual fees assessed may vary from these schedules.
Teacher Education is a two-year Arts and Science program and only a single rate is provided for both domestic and visa students. Neither continuing years of study nor program differentials factor into the fee charged.
Undergraduate Teacher Education (Arts or Sciences)
|Per credit rate||Per credit ancillary fees|
|Province of Ontario International Recovery Fee*||$750.00|
*The Province of Ontario charges an International Recovery Fee to be applied to all international students at public colleges and universities. This fee will be applied in either fall or winter term based on the term of first registration for each academic year.
TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM FEE NOTES
- The normal credit load for the Teacher Education Program is 5.75 credits. Therefore the tuition and per credit ancillary fees for this credit load would be calculated as follows; 5.75 x $1,313.79 or $7,554.29 (plus ancillary fees) for Domestic students and 5.75 x $4,772.28 or $27,440.61 (plus ancillary fees) for International students. To note, some streams of the Teacher Education Program such as I/S (French Teachable) require you to take a larger per credit load, to calculate the tuition charge simply multiply the total credit weight of your registered courses by the applicable per credit amount listed above.
- All EDBE/EDUC 8Nxx courses carry fees but have no credit weight. The costs per course are as follows:
- EDBE/EDUC 8N15, 8N52, 8N53, 8N54, 8N55, 8N59, 8N60 $328.45 for Domestic students or $1,193.07 for International students.
- EDBE 8N46, EDBE 8N50 are $656.90 for Domestic students or $2,386.14 for International students.
- Junior/Intermediate students with French as a teachable subject are required to take EDUC 8P13 in addition to the required Pre-service courses.
- All applicable Sessional Ancillary fees noted below will be charged in addition to the per credit tuition/ancillary fees. Those Teacher Education students who are based at our Hamilton Campus will be exempt from paying the Health Services fee as well as the Bus Pass fee.
- All Teacher Education students will be automatically charged the following program specific fees:
- Material/Administration Fee $85.00
Per credit ancillary fees (subject to change)
Most ancillary fees are mandatory and governed by an Ancillary Fee Protocol established between Brock University and the Brock University Students’ Union. Please open the sections for details.
TEACHER EDUCATION ANCILLARY FEES $87.15
|University administered ancillary fee||Amount|
|Athletic, Intramural, Recreation Program||$18.80|
|Brock Student Life||$21.21|
|BUSU administered fee||Amount|
|Strategic Expansion Fund||$5.50|
|Ontario Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG)||$1.50|
|Ontario Undergrad Student Alliance (OUSA)||$0.60|
|Student Justice Centre||$0.91|
|WUSC Student Sponsorship||$0.48|
|Brock Student Sexual Violence Support Centre Levy||$2.78|
Sessional ancillary fees
These fees are assessed based on total registration during the fall or winter session.
HEALTH SERVICES FEE: $6.30-$25.47 (OPEN FOR DETAILS) 2017 FEES TBD
DAY CARE FEE: $1 (2017 TBD)
U.H.I.P PER INTERNATIONAL STUDENT: $612 (2017 TBD)
The following sessional ancillary fees are administered by the Brock University Students’ Union.