Dalhousie University Transcript Request
Visit Admissions for Universities in Canada for Details on Admission to all Canadian Universities
What is a transcript?
A transcript is a complete record of your academic history. It lists classes in progress, courses you have taken, grades received and other information relating to your academic career. You may need to request transcripts for a number of reasons, such as applying to another university or applying for a scholarship or academic award. Dalhousie students applying to another academic program within Dalhousie are not required to request a transcript.
Transcripts will only be released with the written consent (signature) of the student or when ordered through Dal Online. All outstanding accounts must be settled before a transcript is released.
You can request transcripts one of four ways:
- Online: Login to your Dal Online account under Web for Students, Student Records.
- In person: Visit the Registrar’s Office, Enrolment Services Centre (Agricultural Campus) or Sexton Student Service Centre, between 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Send a letter or a completed transcript request form [PDF – 228kB] to the Registrar’s Office at Registrar’s Office, Dalhousie University, PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2.
- By fax: Send a letter or a completed transcript request form [PDF – 228kB] to the Registrar’s Office at 902-494-1630.
For security reasons, we do not accept transcript requests by email or phone.
When requesting your transcript in person, by mail or by fax, we require the following information:
- Full Name
- Student number (if known)
- Date of birth
- Dates of attendance
- Name in which you were registered (if different than the name on the request)
- Full mailing address or fax number of where you wish to have the transcript sent
There are four types of services available when requesting transcripts:
- Regular service: Transcripts are sent out within five to seven business days from the date the request is received at the Registrar’s Office. The first five transcripts you request are provided at no cost, and additional transcripts are available for $5 each.
- Priority service: Transcripts are sent out within two business days from the date the request is received at the Registrar’s Office, provided the request is received prior to 3pm. There is a fee for this service of $15 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy.
- Fax service: You may request to have a transcript faxed. It is your responsibility to provide the correct fax number and ensure that the receiver is willing to accept a faxed copy of your transcript. Additional charges for faxing may apply: no charge for local, $10 for long distance, and $15 for overseas.
- Courier service: You may request to have a transcript sent by courier. It is your responsibility to provide a complete mailing address and telephone number for the recipient of the transcript. Additional charges for courier services apply: $10 for Atlantic Canada, $13 for the rest of Canada, $24 for the US and $40 for overseas. Please note that couriers will not deliver to a PO Box or a Rural Route.