Mount Saint Vincent University Transfer Credit
MSVU Transfer Credit
Visit Admissions for Universities in Canada for Details on Admission to all Canadian Universities
Mount Saint Vincent University may grant transfer credit equivalency for academic work previously completed at accredited universities and colleges.
- Credits must be acceptable to the program in which transfer is being sought at the University either as a required course or an elective.
- Credits that transfer as part of the requirements for a major must meet the University’s standards pertaining to program averages.
- Credits will be assessed in one of two ways:
- As part of an articulation agreement with another accredited institution.
- Individually by an Admissions Officer in consultation with the appropriate department.
Except for credits awarded in Mount Saint Vincent University degrees offered in association with Saint Mary’s University and Bermuda College, a grade of “P” (pass) will be assigned to all transfer credits. In the case of Bermuda College, credits will transfer in alpha form and will be considered in the University’s GPA calculation.
Note: Program prerequisites or the content of the program may change substantially. Credits taken many years previously may be considered non-transferable in such cases.
- To graduate from Mount Saint Vincent University, transfer students must complete a minimum of 50 percent of the coursework required in the major, minor, specialization and concentration requirements at the Mount and fulfill all specific credential requirements.
- Transfer students who begin study at the Mount, transfer elsewhere and then return, will be reviewed for credit on an individual basis, but must be within the 50 percent regulation for University coursework content.
- Upon admission to a credential program, an assessment will be completed and a Transfer Credit report will be issued.
- Approved transfer credits will appear on the academic transcript.