NSCAD University Undergraduate Programs
NSCAD Undergraduate Programs
Visit Admissions for Universities in Canada for Details on Admission to all Canadian Universities
NSCAD offers three undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
Achievement of the degree requires eight semesters of study (usually completed in four years), beginning with two semesters of Foundation studies.
Undergraduate Areas of Instruction
NSCAD offers five main areas of study within its undergraduate programs.
Craft: includes ceramics, jewellery, and textiles
Design: includes interdisciplinary design, graphic design, digital design, and product design
Fine Art: includes drawing, painting, printmaking, and sculpture
Historical and Critical Studies: includes art history, English, liberal arts and other critical analysis courses
Media Arts: includes film, intermedia, and photography
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Art History
- Bachelor of Design, Major in Interdisciplinary Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interdisciplinary) ** no major
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Ceramics
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Film
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Fine Art
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Intermedia
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Jewellery Design and Metalsmithing
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Photography
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Textiles
Minors provide students with an opportunity to add an additional concentration of study to their NSCAD experience. Minors appear on the academic Transcript but not on a student’s Diploma. For the most part, minors can only be taken concurrently with a “Major” Program (that is, any of the degree major programs, but not including the BFA, Interdisciplinary). Minors with an asterix (*) below can be pursued in addition to all NSCAD undergraduate programs, including the BFA Interdisciplinary.
- Art History *
- Film Studies (Metro Halifax Universities Consortium) *
- Illustration *
- Jewellery Design and Metalsmithing
- Print, Paper, Book *
See the Academic Calendar for more information.