How to Register For Courses At Athabasca University
How to register for courses
You must register and pay by the 10th of the month to start your course on the 1st of the next month. You can also set a start date up to 5 months in advance. Your actual start date will depend on when your registration is received, so you’ll want to register early.
- Choose your courses.
- Log in to myAU. You will need your student ID number.
- If this is your first time logging into myAU, your password will be your birthday (YYYYMMDD).
- You will need to change your password and choose a security question after your first login.
- Click on “Register in a Course.”
- Confirm your address.
- Select your start term, subject and course(s).
- Pay your course fee(s) to complete the registration process.
- You will receive an e-letter confirming your course registration within 2 weeks.
You will receive an e-letter in myAU with your tutor or success centre information 1–2 weeks before your course starts. In most cases, you will also be able to access your courses from myAU before the official course start date.
You won’t be able to submit assignments or quizzes, post to the forums or contact your tutor until your course start date.