SFU Graduate Mandatory Supplementary Course Fees
Simon Fraser University Graduate Mandatory Supplementary Course Fees
Visit Admissions for Universities in Canada for Details on Admission to all Canadian Universities
In addition to credit course fees, mandatory supplementary course fees may be assessed for individual courses in addition to basic tuition and are deemed necessary for successful completion of the course. Mandatory supplementary course fees cover additional costs associated with, for example, such items as field trip expenses or special costs/handling involved in distance education courses.
A schedule of these fees appears below, and is also published in departmental course outlines. The fees are approved by the vice-president finance and administration, following the recommendation of the advisory committee on mandatory supplementary course fees. Questions regarding these fees may be directed to the department initiating the fee, to Student Services, or to the vice-president finance and administration.
Mandatory supplementary course fees are not charged for regular credit instruction services which may include
- evaluation of work or performance, such as marking of papers and exams
- laboratory use, including materials and supplies that are consumed during laboratory use. (Departments may charge a refundable deposit for materials used by the student and returned to the University in reasonable condition at the end of the course.)
- basic library facilities including one library card and access to collections
- basic microcomputer laboratory use
- materials or services required as a result of the method of instruction such as audio visual equipment, course outlines, study rooms and films and video tapes that are integral to the instruction and do not become property of the student.
Photocopied materials, computer disks and audio visual tapes may replace or enhance a required text as a means of instruction and are therefore not mandatory supplementary course fees. Many prepared packages will be distributed through the SFU Bookstore. It may be necessary to distribute some materials within departments. Disclosure of these fees will be made in each course outline.
- BISC 601, up to $212.85
- BISC 812, up to $234.09
- EASC 603, up to $51.00
- EASC 606, up to $900.00
- EASC 611, up to $153
- EASC 613, up to $30.60
- EASC 617, up to $204
- EASC 619, up to $102
- EASC 620, up to $306
- EASC 623, up to $40.80
- EASC 624, up to $260.10
- EDPR 501, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 537, 540, $10.00
- GEOG 612, $104.04
- GEOG 617, $15.92
- All MASC courses offered at the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre carry a supplementary course fee. Contact the BMSC at www.bamfieldmsc.com for the current supplementary fees
Resource and Environmental Management
- REM 698, $153